Monday, September 16, 2024

Jan 16, 1972

 Dear Mom & Dad

As you probably guessed, I made it back to Bamberg OK, and without any problems.  I sure did hate to leave when Dad in such bad shape.  Please drop me a note soon and let me know how everything is.  I sure hope he didn't have anything seriously hurt.  On the trip back from New York to Copenhagen I flew on a 747 as I had guessed that I would.  That sure is a large airplane, but it flies just as smooth (except for takeoff which was a little shaky) as any plane I've ever flown on.  

when I got to Copenhagen I didn't leave the airport, because I didn't really have as much time as I had thought, and mainly I was too tired to do any sightseeing.  I did wander around the airport for a while, and picked up a few things in the stores there.  The book mark in this envelope is for Lore.  Also in this envelope are a few more coins for her collection and a few stamps for moms collection.

When I got back to Bamberg, I found a large backlog of work to do, but I'm just about all caught up now.  I was expecting to find something here telling me an exact date of when I will be leaving Germany, but there wasn't anything.  I will of course let you know , whenever I find out myself.

Well that's really about all I have to say for now, except for thanks again for making my Christmas very enjoyable and be sure to let me know soon, how everything is!

No comments:

Post a Comment