Monday, September 16, 2024

Dec. 13 1971

 Dear Mom & Dad,

This will just be a short note to let know that my plans have not changed since the last time I wrote you.  I am still expecting to arrive Portland at 4:27 PM on Sat, 18 Dec.  Although I have not heard from you yet, since I wrote you to tell you I am coming home I am taking it for granted that you did get my letter.  If you didn't I guess this letter will be quite a surprise!

I got your very good tape, which you recorded over Thanksgiving and was sure happy to receive it.  Also I got your Christmas gifts and I will bring them back with me.  I had to take them out of the box you sent them in, in order to fit them in my suitcase, but I haven't opened them except for the one from Aunt Wilma which had the paper torn on it, so I could tell what it was when I took it out.  It's just as well, because I can use it on the trip home.


Well that's about all.  I sure am looking forward to seeing everyone, and I hope this letter get to you before I do!


















No comments:

Post a Comment